Monday, March 22, 2010

Pork Roast + leftovers

This weekend we had friends up from Massachussetts. I decided it was time to move on to phase 2 of Eat the Pig: time to break out the pork loin. We had a beautiful pork loin roast based on one of my favorite EatingWell recipes, tuscan pork loin. I forgot to get rosemary at the store, so I used dried instead, along with some dried basil. I skipped making the pan sauce at the end. To accompany it, I roasted a boatload of veggies from our CSA, including kohlrabi, turnips, beets, potatoes, carrots, parsnips and onions. I brought home some stewed rhubarb that was leftover from a photo shoot along with some strawberries and whipped up a basic crumble topping for dessert. With ice cream of course.

So then tonight, we had enchiladas. I pulled the rest of the pork off the roast and mixed it with some of the frozen dlgs we've been getting from our CSA and some home-cooked pintos that were hanging out in the freezer. The red enchi sauce came from a can (gasp!) but oh well. I made a slaw with cabbage, daikon and red bell pepper, and I made a small batch of guac. I heart enchi night.

No comments: