Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pizza Night + Last Night's Pickup

Last night's pickup:
2 lbs Adirondack Potatoes
2 lbs Red Onions
1.5 lb Daikon Radish
2 lbs Orange Carrots
2 lbs Green Savoy Cabbage
Frozen Shredded Zucchini
Frozen Braising Greens
Bag of Shoots/Mesclun Mix
Red Hen Turkey Red Pain Au Levain
Jasper Hill Landaff Cheese
Pa Pa Doodles Farm Eggs
Vermont Soy Maple Ginger Baked Tofu

I'm not gonna lie, I'm getting a tad overwhelmed with cabbage. We still have lots in our fridge and got more. Who's got ideas for cabbage for me?!?

Last night's dinner was delish. I had stashed our pizza dough from last week in the freezer for a rainy day. Yesterday was not rainy at all, but it was nice to have an easy dinner at our fingertips. I had a little leftover marinara. I defrosted our DLGs from the CSA and chopped them up (I had added them to the Mexi-soup last week without chopping them and they were mighty stringy--still had the tiny stems on and all that jazz). Then I thinly sliced a red onion, sliced the last roasted red pepper in the fridge and chopped some kalamata olives. Still had the fresh mozz from last week too.

Also made a salad with shoots, shredded carrot and daikon, dried MI cherries and that ginger-miso-tahini dressing. I'm totally digging on the combo of the cherries with that dressing right now. We'll have more tonight.

No comments: