Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dan's Best Dinner Ever + This Week's Pickup

Go Dan Go! I had an appointment last night and knew I wouldn't get home until at least 6:30 but really wanted to roast the chicken I had defrosted from last week's meat share. So I sent Dan the recipe for Whole Roasted Lemon-Herb Chicken on a Bed of Vegetables from the latest issue of the magazine and asked Dan to start it. We didn't have the exact ingredients to make it, but Dan would rather improvise anyway. He chopped up the remaining red norland potatoes, a celeriac and a beet or 2 for the vegetable portion. I made a salad with most of the remaining shoots, clementines and olives. It was perhaps the best dinner Dan's ever made.

This week's pickup includes:

2 lbs Parsnips
2 lbs Purple Top Turnips
1 lb Valentine Radish
1 Bulb Garlic
2 lbs Yellow Storage Onions
Frozen Tomatoes
Bag of Shoots/Claytonia Mix
Elmore Mountain Flax Bread

VT Pasta Linguine

5 lbs Organic Rolled Oats

I'm laughing a little about the oats because I got 20# of oats last year from Quebec and we're still not even half-way through. Guess I'll be making some granola and then some this weekend! I'm looking forward to the pasta--that's a new thing from my experience last year! We're also getting mushrooms today--were supposed to get them last week but they didn't have enough I guess.

No comments: