Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Quick Apple-Cabbage "Kraut" with Kielbasa & Roasted Potatoes

Knowing we're getting more potatoes and feeling slightly overwhelmed by the multiple heads of cabbage lurking in my fridge, I made this quick dish.

Roasted cut up potatoes and quartered garlic cloves.
Seared halved kielbasa in a bit of oil. Took that out of the pan and sauteed 1 sliced red onion until slightly tender. Then I added 1 1/4 small heads green cabbage, thinly sliced, about 1/2 cup of cider and 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar and a bit of salt. I cooked that until the cabbage was tender, then added a sliced apple and the kielbasa. After the apple softened a bit, I added some more apple cider vinegar.

I tossed the potatoes with lots of chopped parsley and served it all with some grainy mustard on the side. And a cold beer of course.

No comments: