Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Local Tofu

We're very lucky to have Vermont Soy, which makes soymilk and artisan tofu. We got some of their baked soy-ginger tofu in a share a week or so ago. Dan's been wanting lettuce wraps for several months now, so I made some with the tofu. They were great, here's what I did:

Cut up about a bunch of scallions into small lengths, chopped some leftover broccoli, cut up some leftover red bell pepper into thin strips and sauteed that in some canola oil. I added about a cup of leftover brown rice, the cubed tofu, some hoisin and sambal olek. We also got some shiitakes last week, but I have a bad childhood memory from them (really) so I sauteed them separately for Dan. Then I shredded carrots, a daikon and chopped some fresh mint. I crisped some green leaf lettuce and dinner was ready in about 20 minutes. Yum!

No comments: