Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Perfect Pizza

Why don't I take pictures of what I cook???

I made a beautiful pizza on Friday night. I made pesto with the sorrel, the remaining supermarket basil and the rest of the parsley from week #1. I sauteed the chard with onion and garlic. Then thinly sliced the buffalo mozzarella. I roasted a delicata squash. That was the pizza.

The dough we got was WICKED wet. I liberally coated my peel with flour and when I went to put the 'za on the peel, it was stuck like glue. We ended up folding it over and making a calzone, then I made the 2nd one on parchment paper. But it was so good. Made a salad with the lettuce we got, some salad turnips, pine nuts and pomegranate seeds.

Today I'm making Italian Peasant Soup with Cabbage, Beans & Cheese. And I made a delightfully tart green tomato salsa with sweet onion, garlic and cilantro. Tomorrow we'll have some Mexican food with that.

No comments: